Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Fixing Microsoft Office Icons

I ran into an issue with Microsoft Office 2007 shortcuts today when imaging a workstation running Windows 7 where the shortcut icons would not display the correct image on the desktop. I did a bit of poking around and couldn't find a fix so I researched and found a simple solution! I hadn't thought to look in the Microsoft Office Picture Manager, which is indeed where I found my fix.


If you are having any issues with MS Office icons navigate to:
  • Start
  • All Programs
  • Microsoft Office
  • Microsoft Office Tools
  • Microsoft Office Picture Manager
  • Help
  • Detect and Repair
  • Check 'Restore my shortcuts while repairing' box
  • Click Start
MS Office took a while to finish repairing but it fixed that pesky icon issue! Hope this helps anyone out there having issues with this! Has anyone had this issue on older versions of Windows? I am just curious if it is something with Windows 7 or if its Office 2007 or what. Feel free to comment if you have had a similar problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment